Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Tunes in My Head

I have been snowboarding quite a lot this season. There hasn't been a lot of snow in the Tahoe area - mostly man made stuff - but we have a ski lease this year and seasons passes for NorthStar. It's still fun since we are teaching our daughter to ski and skate. I also bought a bunch of protective pads and I'm teaching myself to jump and ride boxes but I wish there was a lot more snow. We picked the wrong year to get a ski lease. Curse this global warming!

For years, I have been wearing a snowboard helmet but a month ago, I lost the helmet at the top of the Comstock lift when it fell out of my backpack (update: this helmet was recovered a few weeks later). The old purple chrome Pro-Tec was too small and heavy and it was time for an upgrade.

I bought a matte pewter Giro Nine.9 after much research and fit testing. I also bought a pair of "TuneUps" - headphone replacement earpads. I also bought the second generation iPod shuffle to round out the fun factor and loaded it with 700 megs of Buckethead. The complete package is a light weight party helmet. Who hoo!

I'm having fun with the helmet. The only thing better would be more snow.

No comments: