Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Kittie Rocks my Teenage World

kittie.jpg kittie image by demon_chick_666I've been listening to this Canadian, all girl metal band named Kittie these days and these chixxx rock! Kittie is part of that elite category of Canadian metal bands covering Pink Floyd songs. The other being Voi Vod whose cover of "Astronomy Dominee" is simply amazing.

I first heard their cover of "Run Like Hell" by Pink Floyd on Head Case Radio and was blown away. I liked how crunchy death metal guitar accompanies the angelic Kristy Thirsk type vocals would suddenly go all demonic and metal-like during the phrase: "WHEN THE HAMMERS BATTER DOWN YOUR DOOR YOU BETTER RUN!" I felt that it captured the essence of the original song without the overhead of the prog rock production. I found the song on the iTunes music store and downloaded it to my iPhone so I could rock out on the drive home.

I listened to the song many times over the weekend and wanted more. I found their first album on the Amazon mp3 store and downloaded it. Since then Kittie has been a staple of my musical diet for a couple weeks.

These were the type of chixxx that I would have loved to have meet and hang with when I was in high school. Now that I'm old enough to be their father so I have no idea why I like this music. Mid-life crisis perhaps?

No comments: